Greetings,

I find it interesting that most of the recent activity on this mailing list has to do with items such as .NET, AOP, Flash, Crystal Reports, and even Notepad! I don't mind the off topic posts, as they are usually at least tangentially related to the topic of this list and are interesting in themselves. However, I have posted a couple of Struts questions dealing with production code I am trying to develop and are directly related to Struts usage. I received a confirmation that one item wasn't currently supported in Struts (indexed property validation with JavaScript), but no suggestions on how I might work around it, and another on which I received no help, described below.

I'd think there'd be at least one or two gurus watching this list that could at least say "you can't do that" or" here's what you might try." I've seen the big guns respond to "easier" issues, but no one addresses "tough" ones like the one below. Maybe it's too much effort, or maybe I've breached protocol somehow in the way I've asked for help. It would be nice to at least get a response to an issue that is directly related to the topic of this mailing list.

I don't mean to be rude, and I hope I'm not coming across that way. But I've searched and searched for information on the issue below and have come up empty. I came to the one place that I thought would be of some help and have received no response. Could someone please tell me where to go (and, yes, you may say GTH if that is the correct answer) to find answers to questions on Struts functionality and usage?

Thanks,

TR

Terry Roe wrote:
Re: Validation for Two Levels of Indexed Properties

Can Struts validate more than one level of indexed properties? First level works great. Love it. I've tried the following (phaseList and procedureList are two indexed properties) to get more than one level to work without success:

<field property="units" indexedListProperty="plan.phaseList.procedureList" depends="required,intRange">

<field property="units" indexedListProperty="plan.phaseList[].procedureList" depends="required,intRange">

<field property="procedureList.units" indexedListProperty="plan.phaseList" depends="required,intRange">

<field property="procedureList[].units" indexedListProperty="plan.phaseList" depends="required,intRange">

Is multi-level, indexed property validation supported? If so, can someone relate the syntax to use? If not, can someone confirm than only one level of indexed property validation is supported?

TR