Unfortunatley not, because my workaround was to re-work the class so it wasn't necessary. The user interface for that area became a little bit "clunkier" but it was the quickest thing to do at the time.

Matt

Terry Roe wrote:

Matt,

Thank you for your comments. Could you point me to where you posted your workaround for nested validation?

Thanks,

TR

Matt Bathje wrote:

Might I suggest (to everybody, not just Terry) that when you come up with a solution to these or other things, you either put it into the struts wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/struts) Or do it in a generic enough manner that you can put in a bugzilla report with the new code, and it could be added to the base code.

This way future developers will not need to share your frustrations. I kow when I ran into both of these problems on my projects in the past I either worked around it (nested validation) Or said "oh well, we'll deal with it later" (indexed js validation)

Matt

Terry Roe wrote:

Jonathan,

Yes, I would be very interested in learning more about number one on the list (handle nested indexed lists). I'd also like to know if she ever looked into JavaScript validation of indexed properties. That's another item that I've posted here. I did receive a response that it is basically "stubbed out" in the current validation code. If you have indexed properties, no JavaScript validation for them.