Jack,

Since we're all developers here ... you might consider trying to
demonstrate with *code* instead of words (or pretty pictures :-) why a
proposed solution is better.  Show us that it makes the framework code
easier to write and maintain.  Show us an application based on that
design (preferably one also implemented on the alternative approaches
so we can compare -- and it doesn't have to be mailreader; I'm game
for a different one).

You've said you don't like the page controller approach.  Fine ...
that's your right.  But "Struts is dead" comments are just noise,
until you demonstrate exactly why and how your approach is better.  I
don't *care* if you like page controller or not.  I don't *care* if
your picture indicates a mythical complete separation between the
various elements -- it doesn't mean anything until its cast in
something concrete.

And, by the way, PLEASE move the discussions over the the developer
list where they belong.  Anyone on the user list who wants to
participate in the discussion (or just follow along) is welcome to
subscribe.  Users who are interested primarily in getting the current
version to work will appreciate the lower volume on a pretty high
volume list.

Craig