I would say,...
the  LabelValueBean is just a data structure that could be in
java.util, so you could just put that class in your ejb layer if you
want.
Marrying is relative, aren't we all married to java.util anyway.  If
you always have web clients it will be helpful and if not I don't think
it will hurt or require other struts classes.
You could use the LabelValueBean in Swing also.  Most Bean utils may
fall into this category too.
I did a j2ee app a few years back and had to basically write my own
LabelValueBean, now I would just steal the struts one!

Am I wrong?

Eric D. Lemle
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Intermountain Health Care
36 South State Street, Suite 1100
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
United States of America (USA)
(801) 442-3688 -- e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2/16/2005 2:45:25 PM >>>
IMO, it is not wise to have your DAO return a list of LabelValueBean
objects.

I would be more likely to use a Map or a simple bean to do that
instead of marrying your DAO layer to Struts.

Larry

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:17:12 -0800 (PST), Carl Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We are using struts framework in our J2EE web application. In struts
there is a LabelValueBean class, is it a good practice to use
LabelValueBean in our application? For example, DAO returns a list of
LabelValueBean for html drop down?

> There was an argument saying that it is not good to use
LabelValueBean since some time later if we are not using the struts
framework, we need to take the labelValueBean out.