Vic wrote:

You can put your toe in Spring(Tapestry or JSF) and see how it feels becuase you know the Struts side.

Or. you can start doing commons-chain now! And then plug it into anything. What Ted Husted said on dev list was words to the effect:
"people should be no longer be writing Struts applications. They should be writing commons-chains (CoR) applications. Then just plug it into Struts. ".
I chose to write commons-chain applications, that I plug into... Swing.

.V

Hello Vic:

I have looked at jdic and JNLP application and want to explore further for off-line applications. Hope you may share your experience in using commons-chain in Swing (and possibly with Spring IoC) under JDesktop Integration Component. This is your favorite topic isn't it?

BaTien
DBGROUPS

Larry Meadors wrote:

Without exception, every developer I have talked to personally that
has tried SpringMVC said it was way more complex than struts, and
ended up going back (almost all the way) to struts.

What I have heard is a killer combination is "Spring-managed Struts".
In this permutation, you use struts with a Spring-based request
processor instead of the default struts one. Then, you get much of the
benefit of using spring (managed beans, IoC, etc...) and continue to
use vanilla struts for the remainder of your application.

I have been hoping to use this model for the last month or so, but
have been too busy to try it myself. Stupid job. ;-)

Larry