Ahh yes, the ol' architecture approval game. I have played this game
so often that it's not even funny anymore. And it's always at big
companies. Sigh.

The only options are 1) comply and get very little done or 2) slip
into stealth mode, get things done and then appologise like crazy
after they discover what you did. For most people I recommend the
first option. I dabbled with the second option for a while, but then
my employer declared that downloading unauthorised software could be
grounds for dismissal. I'm strictly a first option kinda guy now.