Larry Meadors wrote:

- iBATIS has a lot of options to use JavaBeans, which I don't find
useful. I just take parameters in a java.util.Map and return a
java.sql.ResultSet directly. (I'm a DynaActionForm kind of guy, so using
a form bean form this would be a little out of place.)

OK, now I have to just plain disagree with you. ;-)

Using Maps and ResultSet in your application as the domain model is
just plain bad design.

It is difficult to test and too loosely coupled.

I am sure Vic will disagree with me if he's reading this. :-P

I missed the bait!

So I used to do all the trick with beans, even named my company BaseBeans (there are so many benefits- I think I know them all)... and I was pushin limits of beans, I even did not like and still don't DynaBeans.

One the 1up project, I was horrified to see mutiple beans, such as UserBeansX and ContentBeansY; and some were deprecated and all had get/sets that were not being used.

Also I was doing ActionScript and looking at other dynamic langs, where they used "AssoicativeArrays". And I took a big liking to dynamic nature, ex Grovy.

The point is... I use ArrayList of Maps now for my DTO,VO and ever as a message object for WS/SOA.

Wherever I used to use a bean, now I use a collection, and I like DynaMaps.

maybe one day you guys catch up;-)

.V