Hubert has already pretty well described good coding practice for getting an ActionForm instance. Note that the pages you cited may have been written before the FormBeanConfig object acted as a factory, which is a relatively recent enhancement.

Really, though, I think there should probably be a method like:

getMeTheRightForm(ActionContext ctx, String name, String scope)

which deals with searching scopes, instantiating, and if necessary placing the new instance into the right scope. I'm just not sure where to put it. Perhaps an instance method on the ModuleConfig interface?

Joe

-- Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Narrow minds are weapons made for mass destruction" -The Ex