Nic, the pages don't matter in a real sense.  Actions process requests
using the data from ActionForms and then return an ActionForward.
Anytime you want to process a request use them.  It is that simple.

If you just explain what you want to do, we can give you a dozen ways
to do it in all probablility that are easy to follow.  Just state what
you want to happen from the point of view of the client using the
browser or the browser itself.  Okay?  I promise you that it will be
very easy if you state the problem and quit worrying about pages.

Jack

~Dakota Jack~