Not sure what to say, Woodchuck, about your suggestion that a request
be sent that does not want a response and does not affect the HTML
page.  What would happen next?  And, how?  This is perfectly
conceivable.  Heck, I think that it might be possible as is.  But, I
don't see this as even addressing the problem that AJAX is so "neato,
keen" on.

Jack

On 4/18/05, Woodchuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sorry, i couldn't resist >.<
>
> actually, why don't we address this problem at the source rather than
> using this javascript patch solution?  (at least this is how i see it)
>
> why don't the browser makers build internal mechanisms to allow posting
> of forms without the need to refresh the html page?  why don't we
> re-architect the browswer and address this problem (and others) at that
> fundamental level?
>
> is this not conceivable?
>
> woodchuck
>

> --- Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > JavaScript provides a client side rather developed engine in
> > JavaScript as well as Flash, etc.  This is merely a resource.  The
> > "yuck, ptooey! ptooey" response to these ideas, especially ones in
> > production and successful for quite a while, strikes me as rather
> > less
> > than professional.  I think it is interesting that JavaScript, which
> > have avoided like the plague, has kept building a market despite a
> > lot
> > of prejudice from people like myself, not to mention Woodchuck.
> > ///;-)
> >
> > On 4/18/05, Woodchuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > eeewwww... javascript...
> > >
> > > yuck, ptooey! ptooey!!

> > --
> > "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its
> > back."
> > ~Dakota Jack~

> Plan great trips with Yahoo! Travel: Now over 17,000 guides!
> http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

~Dakota Jack~