Javascript hasn't been a problem as far as cross-browser development goes
for some time, in my experience anyway.  I can't remember the last time I
wrote code that worked on one browser and not another.

Oh wait, I take that back... I remember something about IE's substring
method not working like Netscapes.

But, as Jason said, if you are using modern versions, or even relatively
recent ones, you probably won't have any problems as far as the scripting
goes.

The DOM models still have a fair degree of different, that's where you can
sometimes run in to problems.  Yes, coding to standard DOM will cut that
down a bit, but even still you'll have to think lowest common denominator
sometimes.

The days of huge code branches and/or whole different code bases are,
thankfully, gone (well, largely gone anyway).  Some minor branching here
or there, while annoying, are far from the problems we used to have in any
case.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect