On Mon, April 18, 2005 11:12 am, Emmanouil Batsis said:
> I haven't really studied the samples yet, but it would seem more
> semantically correct to me if the html:form was used to make this work.
> I'll try to come up with more concrete suggestions.

I thought of that too, but what changed my mind is the question of how do
you handle it if you want to have a number of different elements doing
different things.  For instance, if you have three <select> elements and
you want one to populate a <textarea> with text retrieved from the server
when changed, another to pop up an alert with a message from the server
when changed, and the other to go to the URL selected with a query string
appended on that is generated by the server when changed... If the
functionality was tied to the form, how would you allow for that?

I think doing it at the individual form element level allows for more
flexibility, although I see your point about what seems semantically
correct.  I'm open to suggestions either way.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect