On 5/27/05, Duong BaTien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We use Chain of Responsibility (CoR) implemented by commons-chain and
> its Agility to construct a Request/Response framework to connect a
> request to its designated service, whether the designated service is in
> a web-application service container, a portlet container, auth for
> authentication/authorization, or a Jcr container.

I'm also finding that, for my applications, a service orientated
architecture based on a Chain of Responsibility works quite well. I've
started work on a framework that pushes a lot of what we do now in
Struts into the business layer. It's in C# now, because that what we
are using at work, but it's all plain old objects and should be an
easy port back to Java.

* http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsOverDrive

We're using a nearly-complete prototype at work, so I've a good handle
on where this is going. It's just hard to find the time to clean it up
for public consumption :)

The essential idea is that the presentation tier should focus on
collecting and display values, and leave the rest to the business
layer. Right now, a lot of us slide down a slipperly slope that pushes
too much code into the presentation layer, where it is difficult to
test. And, by test, I really mean "share with other presentation
layers". Unit tests are a presentation layer too :)

-Ted.