Le Lundi 13 Juin 2005 14:27, Nicolas De Loof a écrit :
> Our customer defines architecture restriction for it's applications. One
> of them is that the (only) usable database is Oracle. As we don't use a
> database for the app, adding orcale only to get DB replication may be
> difficult to explain (and will add a significant cost)

Sure it does :)
If oracle is only 'clustered' database possible but other non lcustered ones
are available, maybe C-JDBC could help you (it provide RAID like ontop of any
database).

If not, maybe the transactional Collections in
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/ may be of interrest (they
supports 2 phases commits using XAressources if am not wrong)

> delbd a écrit :
> >Just my two cents
> >
> >I'll suggest storing the datas on a central database (which could be
> > clustered amongst your servers)
> >
> >Le Lundi 13 Juin 2005 14:06, Nicolas De Loof a écrit :
> >>Hi all,
> >>
> >>this mail is totaly of topic, so sory sory sory...
> >>... but there is so much java masters on this list !
> >>
> >>I have to replicate some datas between two servers running my app (with
> >>a load balancer, but not using a cluster mode). We are going to build a
> >>home-made solution, and I wonder if any open-source tool could help me
> >>on this.
> >>I'm looking for something like a "2 phase commit" or "rsync" Java lib,
> >>that could be used to assert an update on one server will be
> >>automagically replicated on the other one.
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >>
> >>Nico.
> >>
> >>This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential
> >>and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the
> >>person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,
> >> you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,
> >> distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this
> >>  message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all
> >> copies of this message.

> person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you
> are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute,
> or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this  message in
> error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this
> message.

David Delbecq
Royal Meteorological Institute of Belgium

-
Is there life after /sbin/halt -p?