Oracle is the only aproved database (clusterable or not). This is the reason I was looking for a "rsync"-linke solution.

Nico.

delbd a écrit :

Le Lundi 13 Juin 2005 14:27, Nicolas De Loof a écrit :
Our customer defines architecture restriction for it's applications. One
of them is that the (only) usable database is Oracle. As we don't use a
database for the app, adding orcale only to get DB replication may be
difficult to explain (and will add a significant cost)

Sure it does :)
If oracle is only 'clustered' database possible but other non lcustered ones are available, maybe C-JDBC could help you (it provide RAID like ontop of any database).

If not, maybe the transactional Collections in http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/ may be of interrest (they supports 2 phases commits using XAressources if am not wrong)

delbd a écrit :
Just my two cents

I'll suggest storing the datas on a central database (which could be
clustered amongst your servers)