Venkat

I think you don't have to deal with suffixes (like sub) because struts itsselfs concatinate the module in the key, stored into the session. I have a little example written for my struts book (only in german) that deals with multiple struts config files. You may download it under

http://struts-ge-packt.de/download/code.zip

Because it is no maven project it comes with a lot of libraries.

1st Struts config: (struts-config.xml)
<message-resources parameter="MessageResources" null="false" />

2nd Struts config with Module (struts-modul-confix.xml)
<message-resources parameter="MessageModulResources" />

It is a struts 1.2 application but the module support is fine in 1.1

-Manfred

Venkat Reddy Valluri wrote:

Hi  Manfred,
Thank you very much for responding immediately. I ended up multiple struts config files successfully. But the thing is when I tried to use separate resources for each struts config file using bundle parametre, It seems not to be working.
Here is my struts configurations

 In my main module struts config file
I included below one
struts-main.xml--->
    <message-resources
   parameter="com.main.examp.ApplicationResources"/>

In my sub module struts config file

I included below one
struts-sub.xml--->
  <message-resources
   parameter="com.sub.examp.SubResources" key="sub">
</message-resources>

SubResources.properties------------>
error.user.user_name.required=UserName is required

Here in my sub module
SubEditActionForm.java--->

In validate method I have given like this

public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,
                                HttpServletRequest request) {

           if (user_name == null || user_name.length() == 0) {
               errors.add("user_name", new
ActionError("error.user.user_name.required"));
           }
      return errors;
}
But here the error messgae "UserName is required" is not able to be displyed on screen when I submit the page with out entering user_name

   So I thought of passing buddle  attribute "sub"  which is used
struts-sub.xml  to ActionError class
(
<message-resources
   parameter="com.sub.examp.SubResources" key="sub">
</message-resources>)

  But there is no option to pass that attribute in ActionError or ActionMessage
class
SO here where I struck
Can you please  throw some light on this

Thanks in advace

--Venkat