I recently checked in a change that would log a warning if
mapping.findForward was called with a forward name that wasn't
recognized.  This change didn't make it to the 1.2.7 release, but is
available from nightly builds.  Apart from that, it wouldn't be too
hard to customize/extend your Struts installation to handle it the way
you'd wish.  You can use a custom request processor that'd log or
redirect or even use a custom ActionMapping class that can intercept
findForward() calls.

Hubert