in Unix system you must have root permission to open a port under 1024.

Mario Neè
XMoon founder
http://www.xmoon.org

Tony Smith wrote:

How can I set the permission? It is my box, viturally
I can do whatever I want.

Thanks,

--- Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tony Smith wrote:

Hi, Can I run Tomcat 5.0 on port 80? After setting
80
as port number in the server.xml and starting
tomcat,
I got the following error message:

SEVERE: Error starting endpoint
java.net.BindException:permission denied:80

Sure, you can run it on any port you want, if you
have permissions to that port. Evidence would suggest that you do not.

Dave

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]