Craig McClanahan wrote:

From a personal perspective, I was a die hard Emacs user until about a
year ago, when IDEs finally started getting to the point where they
could make *me* more productive.

http://www.jroller.com/page/fate/20050305
I quote above bile: "JSF is NOT for real java developers, it's for those paint by numbers by kids"

Vi!
Vim! (Vi improved)
gVim! (Gui Vi).
That's progress. I do like refactoring IDE's like Eclipse and other. But for UI? It's a 90% solution; and I live in the last 10%. Is there a shipping produciton app done w/ UI?

What w/ F22 and Democracy being invoked.

I get more producitivity out of applying OO using brain, then painters, your millage may vary. I will show you an example UI(in about a month after I ship beta of my new project), and then ... maybe put a small bounty if *ANYONE* can re-produce it using a painter or VS '05 or whatever! So lets have another IDE flameball in a month? (that would be a big decrease, right now it's twice a week). Or lets just have a policy to have IDE wars on another mail list and ban those on Struts.

.V