Mark Galbreath wrote the following on 7/6/2005 10:19 AM:
Thanks to whomever emailed last weeks nonsense thread to the Director
of the Board of Elections.  It made me look like a racist and I was
fired this morning.  The State is also looking into whether my use of
an official email address for that discussion is in violation of state
law.  You did your work well, you low-life bastard.

Signing off....
Mark

Whoever did send something is such a loser it's not even funny. At least step forward and admit who you are. I constantly here bigotted stuff on mailing lists and forums, yet I don't go running like a little baby to find out their employeer so I can "tattle" on them like a 3rd grader. I'd much rather the internet be open for a free exchange of ideas (regardless of whether we agree with them or not) without having to fear someone is going to hunt down who I am and state my comments to my employeer or wife.

I can't believe I now have to watch what I say on this mailing list. Guess I will be making up a gmail account that doesn't use my real name just to help protect myself from losers like this person.

It's sad the same thing happened to a guy working at Allstate who happened to post that he felt homosexulaity was wrong on a non-company related website http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44961

The irony is I guess Mark should have said how "The US is so evil for being in Iraq" or "How he hates pro-life Christians" and maybe he would have gotten a promotion. Or better yet, what if he was gay and posted all over some homosexual website about how he wanted to do all these sexual things with some other males and farm animals, and I as his employeer, found out about it and found it was offensive so I fired him. I will bet you *anything* that the ACLU would be on my back so fast it wouldn't even be funny and I as the employeer would lose my job for firing him! I just love the double-standards in the U.S. today. A guy can get state funding from the National Endowment of the Arts by putting a crucifix in a jar of urine and calling it 'art', yet at the same time people get fired for off-color comments they make on a mailing list?

--
Rick