From: Richard Reyes
Subject: [OT] Java as a Daemon

Hello Guys,

I need your suggestions. I have a task to create an application to
sync records between 2 Oracle 10g database. Not the whole records of
the database though, just the now and then transactional updates.
Access to the db's would be both via web services. I think I have an
option to do this like
- a simple java application executed via .sh file
- a java application running as a daemon on a unix box

But I really am not sure which better path I should take. Any
suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Richard