Using Business Delegate objects to proxy session facade objects I would suggest looking at Service To Worker Pattern
http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/ServiceToWorker.html
Martin-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maya menon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: Hi-New to this group

Thank you dave and Eric for the quick solution regarding session facade.

Now using a business delegate and a session facade, is it a good idea ?

Also, As Dave wrote about session ejbs, please suggest some give work arounds for a session ejb. Requirement is to read contents from database.

Maya

Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maya menon wrote:

Now, back end I am thinking about session ejbs which reads database tables.

Unless there's a requirement or Very Compelling Reason to use EJB I'd
sure try to avoid them.

Now, what should I use in the middle layer ?
ie, intercation between action classes and session ejb: For a struts based appp, whats best here ?

I'd think that a fairly basic facade between the session EJB and/or some
helper classes would be sufficient.

Googling for "session facade" should give you more than enough info.

Dave