Rick Reumann wrote:

David Haynes wrote the following on 8/22/2005 3:57 PM:

public List getList() {
   List list = populateList();
   return list;
}

The getList would be invoked during the jsp:useBean wouldn't it?

I'm probably missing something obvious here, but this seems so much simpler.

I would think that I should be able to do this easily without having to use jsp:useBean? Heck, it seems like I'm taking two steps backwards now:) Funny how with Struts the goal was to move 'away' from making any calls to your business objects from the view. JSF seems to encourage this? Trust me, I don't mind this - as long as it's clean and easy to maintain. Sort of funny, though, that if someone proposed this on the Struts list (having a JSP make a useBean call in order to get a List in scope) people would have a cow.

Hey! Don;'t take what I say a gospel. I'm just fumbling my way through like most others...

-david-