I have an Form called MappingElement,

>From struts-config.xml

<form-bean name="MappingElement"
type="com.alarius.datasource.forms.MappingElement"/>

I have an Action that opens a jsp page with a form on it and populates the
MappingElement bean with data.

>From EditMappingElement.java

public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
                        HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response)
                        throws Exception {
        ActionForward forward = mapping.findForward(FORWARD_mappingElement);
        MappingElement me = (MappingElement) form;

        DataSourceServices dss = new DataSourceServices();
        AccessToken token = new AccessToken(ajcc);
        ServiceResponse sr = dss.RetrieveMappingElement(token, me
                                .getDataElementUri());
        form = me = (MappingElement) sr.getMappingElement();
        request.setAttribute("MappingElement", me);

        return forward;
}

>From Struts-config.xml

<action name="MappingElement" path="/EditMappingElement"
   type="com.alariusj.verdx.actions.EditMappingElement">
   <forward name="mappingElementForm" path="/pages/MappingElementForm.jsp"/>
</action>

>From MappingElementForm.jsp

<logic:present name="MappingElement">MappingElement present<br>
<bean:write name="MappingElement" property="dataSourceUri"/><br>
<bean:write name="MappingElement" property="dataElementName"/><br>
</logic:present>

When I run it the SaveMappingElement form is not populated but the
MappingElement bean is present and the bean:writes show the data that is
populated.

Why doesn't the html:form tag pick up the MappingElement bean?

Ollie