Deva Pitchai(NatureSoft) wrote:
Hi group....

hope you all must come across this situation...
If u can tell me how to solve this... i will be very much thankful

when i edit a form (say with 10 fields in it. some are dropdown, textbox etc), the non-mandatory fields are displaying 0.0 as the field value, which is the value from the database.

Now my question is.... is there any simple way to avoid this kind of displaying 0.0.
Or I need to write a method to make it as null

How are you getting the data from your database into your form? If you're using an ActionForm and you have primitive typed properties (float, for example) the easiest quick-fix would be to use the corresponding wrapper type (e.g. Float).

Without knowing more about how your pages are put together it's difficult to offer more specific advice, but feel free to post more details of what you're doing now if you need more guidance.

L.