Hello,

I have 3 variables, namely age, name and description. I have the values for
name and age before sending the request. That is, my URL would look like
http://localhost:8080/vijay/submit.do?name=xyz&age=22

I have a form that sets the values of age and name which is then accessed in
a html page using bean:write. In the html page, the user will enter the
description in the corrosponding textarea.

The action is set to /submit.do. Since I am only sending the description in
the http request, only the setDescription() method should be called and it
happens so. The problem is when I try to access the age and name variables
from the ActionForm in the Action class, I get null. Why so? I am not
setting age and name after submitting the form, they are already set. The
form is in session scope, so shouldn't it be re-used.

Or am I understanding it in-correctly.

regards,
vijay.

Sorry if the subject of the mail is not proper, I couldn't think of any
other subject.