I am refactoring my company's JSP website because the code uses only JSP to
control navigation.  You can imagine its pretty ugly.  Anyway, I decided to
use JSF and possibly move to Shale once I've gained a handle on the
framework.  I successfully deployed some of the pages using MyFaces because
it has a simple integration with Tiles.

Anyone who tried to refactor JSP to JSF will know that it takes some work to
adapt the existing html/JSP code to utilize the JSF tags.  Because I'm under
time constraints, I've really only used JSF tags for controls that need to
be bound the backing beans.  All other html/JSP code was wrapped with
everybody's favorite tag - <f:verbatim>.  There are verbatim tags everywhere
- yikes.  I am hoping I can refactor them out at some later time, but my
biggest dream is to have the JSF specification at the container level so
non-JSF text do not have to be buffered at all.

Anyway, I wanted to know if:

- I am taking a good approach to refactoring the existing webapp?
- Will JSF evolve to a point where <f:verbatim> tag is not needed?

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.