From: Dave Newton [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: user@struts.apache.org
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:48:11 -0500
Subject: Re: constant strings in the tags

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:> One frequent location of this practice is the names
for the attributes I set on the session and request ojbects.  Most of the time,
I then access these attributes on my JSP pages via various struts and jstl
tags.  But when I reference these objects from the JSP side, I find that I
can't use defined constants.  This undermines like 50% of the benefit of using
defined constants for my attribute names.  >   Huh, don't know why you wouldn't
be able to do that.Wait: you say you access the attributes on the JSP page but
then say youcan't reference the objects on the JSP side.Are you saying that you
do something like:request.setAttribute(foo.bar.attributeNames.BAZ, results) but
in JSPyou're not able to do the same thing?> But I don't know how to do this.
Anybody know how?>   What, exactly, are you trying to do? You can access
anything on a JSPpage by <%@ page import="..."%>-ing it. You can access things
by puttingthem into scope. You can put strings
into a resource file and accessthem from both JSP and code, and you get
automagically I18Nized to
 unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]