[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Surely they thought about this and decided there was some reason not to make
> the constants available in the tags.  Or was it just too difficult a task for
> some finite period of development time?

Well, I'm not sure how you'd differentiate between a named, scoped bean
and a fully-specified class name except by checking for a named, scoped
bean and if that fails looking up a class definition. You could add a
parameter to tags, but that wouldn't help for JSP 2.0 non-tag EL
expressions. Maybe by declaring a package name somewhere you could
finagle a way around it, but still seems warty.

Dave