Just the opposite actually. I think if, as Michael says, you browse through the list archives over the last year, you will see that there has been quite a bit of activity building Struts up.

I think the thing that makes people think Struts has stagnated is that it moves at a slow pace, slower than many other frameworks. But I think that isn't looking at it with the proper perspective. Struts is STABLE and MATURE, and hence has no need to progress at a breakneck pace any more.

Spring, Wicket, WebWork, JSF, RoR, etc., all of these are trying to compete with something (in terms of mindshare) and take over the top spot from something that does the job for a great many of us and has built up a fabulous community over a number of years. To think this will happen overnight is folly. It in fact may not happen at all. But in either case, Struts will continue to progress and in fact learn lessons from the other frameworks... witness the migration to Chain in 1.3, I suspect because of the influence of JSF, and of course the planned merging of WebWork itself.

No, Struts has not reached a saturation point. It has reached a point of maturity where it doesn't need to be revolutionary. Let the other frameworks blaze some new trails for a while, try some new ideas... there's nothing wrong with that. Struts is like that Ford truck in the garage... it may not have all the latest bells and whistles that the newer models do, but it's still the workhorse you haul all your stuff with! And, over time, you'll find that you mod it up a bit anyway too!

Frank

Jubin Kuriakose wrote:
Hi
I have heard that struts have reached a saturation point and nothing more
can be build over it. New frame works like spring would take over struts.
How valid are these opinions.

sncerely jubs