On 3/31/06, Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sorry you took this personally, Dion.  I meant nothing about you
> personally.  I am just saying that what you are advocating is well-known
> in
> the literature and in fact to be a problem.  This is a main reason why
> Struts 1.x is being abandoned.  I am not going to take the time to show
> you
> something that you should be learning as a matter of course.  I don't owe
> you that.  So far as I know you may be the most wonderful person in the
> world.  Nothing personal is meant.  Just read more.  That is all I am
> saying.  Just because you don't see something does not mean I have the
> obligation to teach you.  I have told you the truth.  Check it out.

Your original statement I replied to was:
"For one, try writing decent tests."

Believe it or not, I have done a lot of reading on Struts, been developing
with Struts for many years (I think it was 1999, in the 0.5 days) and
understand what it takes to test Struts code very well. I've written Struts
and WebWork apps, and tests for both, many times.

I'm not asking you to teach me anything.

IMHO, you can write decent tests for Struts applications. And I'm happy to
agree to disagree with you.