I've added a lot of support for integrating Spring with Struts in Strecks: http://strecks.sourceforge.net/ - a Java 5-based Struts extension framework

The main Spring-related things you'll find in there are:
- you can inject any Spring bean into your actions using the @InjectSpringBean annotation - actions can *be* Spring beans, simply by annotating your action with @SpringBean
- you can tap into Spring's view rendering in a pretty seamless way

For more details, take a look at: http://strecks.sourceforge.net/doc-spring-int.php

Regards,
Phil Z

Julian Tillmann wrote:

Hello, I've read that you can use Spring to make your Struts Actions thread safe. Is someone using this or has experience with it?
Are there other arguments for using Spring with Struts like, for example
an easy implemented Interceptor that might improve the application and is not
as easily achieved with a filter?

I'm thinking about using this extension but I don't have any kind of practical experience with it. Could someone help me with this?
ciao & thx
Julian