When it comes to sharing values between Java and JSP, I see the following
conventions used

  1. %foo
  2. $foo
  3. #foo
  4. foo

Is there a one-stop grid that identifies what each of these symbols
represent and if/when they are even necessary?  I read about OGNL and how
prefixing attributes that are to be retrieved from the OG may *not* require
a special symbol at all.  I understand JSTL and the four scopes

  1. page
  2. request
  3. session
  4. application

What is the interplay between stashing objects using Java code and
subsequent retrieval fromJSP?  Can Java code interact with OGNL?  Are things
automatically added/removed from the OG?  This is different enough from
Stuts 1 that it causes confusion.

--
Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]