Ian, thanks for the suggestion; unfortunately, it seems to produce the same
result. I've trimmed it to look like:

  <action name="something" class="...SomethingAction">
    <result>/WEB-INF/... .jsp</result>
  </action>

(Wildcard and method backreference removed, and method name trimmed from URL
in JSP.) It makes it through the execute() method, but still seems to drop
the URL parameters.

Per mihel's suggestions (a later response), I also tried using the <s:url
...> tag, which didn't seem to affect things either. The generated HTML
looked about the same in any case.

You mentioned the action mapper -- someplace to look for more answers? I'll
reply again if anything turns up.

Jon