--- cilquirm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I hadn't really started fragmenting anything  yet.
> I was engaging in conversation.

As was I.

> My whole point was to get around the barrier of
> entry of engaging people to add and modify stuff.
> Getting someone else to maybe do it doesn't seem
> like a form of engagement.

While I agree it would be better to have the
information "somewhere" rather than nowhere, it makes
way more sense to me to keep as much S2 documentation
as possible on the S2 Wiki. This means it gets
distributed with S2 itself.

If filing a CLA is to high a barrier for someone then
adding a comment to a user-list email saying "I have
no CLA on file; could someone please add this?" seems
easier than that person creating a wiki space and
posting it there instead, plus then that knowledge
becomes part of the S2 project.

I'm sure there's some documentation, use-cases,
tutorials, etc. that are more appropriate to keep
separate from the S2 wiki, but when it's (more or
less) core documentation I'd rather see it as part of
the project, that's all.

d.