--- Justin Frost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to be able to hide an entire <s:div> tag based on an onclick event
> from a <s:checkbox>
>
> I was not able to hide the div.

> And when I tried to hide just a <s:textbox> field only the html text box
> was hidden, not the label.

That's because the ID is for the textbox (which makes sense). It might make
sense to generate an ID for the <tr...> containing the label and input
element, though--added to my list.

>               document.LocationAddNode.elements("prodIpPort").style.display =
> 'none';
> //Does not work

This syntax doesn't work in FF (at least on my Mac). Do you get JavaScript
errors? What browser? How are you debugging?

Why wouldn't you just use document.getElementByd("prodIpPort")? (Or use a
JavaScript library that makes things even easier?)

>               <s:form action="LocationAddNode" validate="false"
> id="LocationAddNode"
> name="LocationAddNode">
>                       <s:div id="prodIpPort" name="prodOpenLinkUri">
>                               <s:textfield name="prodSendUri.ip"
> label="OpenLink IP" id="prodIp" />
>                               <s:textfield name="prodSendUri.port"
> label="Port" id="prodPort"
> maxlength="10"/>
>                         </s:div>
>                  </s:form>

I'm not sure if that will generate valid HTML; can you wrap <tr...> elements
in a <div...>? You'd probably need to hide each row rather than wrapping them
in a <div...>, but I'm never sure what's legal HTML anymore.

I'm also not sure if I'd bother using <s:div...> if you're just using it to
create a normal <div...> element; seems like unnecessary overhead.

d.