Of course the label can't be hidden as it's not the same element.
It may also depend on the theme you're using. By default it's the
xhtml one, and as this theme creates additional <tr><td> stuff around
(which is really annoying and shouldn't be default IMHO), what you're
doing is only hiding the inner stuff in the table.

> document.LocationAddNode.elements("prodIpPort").style.display = 'none';
> //Does not work
are you sure this expression matches your div...?
I don't think so, and as you're using old-style-IE-javascript, I can
only advise you to use something like this :