Was putting your actions in a non-root namespace not a suitable work-around? Or did it not work for you?

jignesh.patel wrote:
 Hi,
I think you missed something struts.action.extension=action,, leads to not
actions without ".action" but to the actions with
(action-name suffix(.)).

e.g
http://localhost:8080/email (tends to 404 page not found) but

http://localhost:8080/email. (with suffix (.) works as ,, ).

Jeromy Evans - Blue Sky Minds wrote:
neha bhatt wrote:
I am facing same problem.
I had tried :
eg.
 struts.action.extension=action,,

In such case I am getting Http Status 404.

As mentioned in the related post titled "Blank action extension in root namespace causing 302 in Tomcat" (no link at time of posting), try a non-root namespace.
where as if I use,
eg. struts.action.extension=

All files with extenstion like: javascript , css and images not loading.

This is a slightly different configuration than a double comma:

struts.action.extension=

By setting it to blank, for every request that reaches the Struts2 filter (eg /*), Struts2 will attempt to match it to an action. If you take that broad approach you'll have to setup apache to serve the static content as the V2.4 web.xml doesn't allow you to use <exlcludes> in the filter mapping.