Hmmm ... my login.jsp now looks like this,

<s:form action="index" method="post" validate="true">
  <s:textfield name="username" key="user.username" />
  <s:password name="password" key="user.password" />
  <s:submit name="login" key="button.login" />
</s:form>

When the login button is pressed, the following exceptions are shown
in the console,

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception
caught setting 'login' on 'class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport: Error setting expression
'login' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@223be4'

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception
caught setting 'password' on 'class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport: Error setting expression
'password' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@18a270a'

com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor setParameters
SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception
caught setting 'username' on 'class
com.opensymphony.xwork2.ActionSupport: Error setting expression
'username' with value '[Ljava.lang.String;@10936a1'

Hez