Hmm, in our case the single applications should not know it they are running
in a portal or somewhere else. They should just see their context, nothing
else.

Another question to hold the application in simple divs:
How does the action handling works if I include the applications in simple
divs? If they redirect after an action to a jsp will they stay in the div or
fill the whole page?