Yes, EntityManager will be closed, but it always closes whenevery you do
something (read/write) your object from database, isn't it ? When I read for
example Fruit (id=1) from database, change it and try to save it will know
with new EntityManager instance to save it because of id number ?

--
Thx, Milan