Good lord man, fix your line feeds.

--- On Mon, 9/1/08, Martin Gainty wrote:
> tutorial/howto for> > > beginners before I make an
> idiot of myself - particularly> > > in light of my
> recent post in the <s:select> tag :-(> >>
> > Since it's already too late you might as well post
> it then ;)> >> > I don't know of any
> tutorials, although I'm sure there are some out
> there.> > Consider it a golden opportunity to write
> one and become (mildly) famous.> >> > Really, if
> your action implements ModelDriven, you have the interceptor
> in> > the stack, and the form input elements are named
> appropriately there> > shouldn't be any issue, and
> my simple sanity check couldn't reproduce what> >
> you're seeing (or at least I didn't get anything
> other than typical> > debug/info statements in the
> log).> >> One of the (many) messages I'm seeing
> is;> 02-Sep-2008 00:03:39 >
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor
> setParameters> SEVERE: ParametersInterceptor -
> [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught > setting
> 'addressLine1' on 'class
> com.vasilikon.HomeInsurance_1Action: Error > setting
> expression 'addressLine1' with value
> '[Ljava.lang.String;@1980c26'> > If I really
> shouldn't be seeing this, I'll try and strip things
> down to give a > simple example.tough call without
> knowing if you implemented ordered parameter or implement
> Preparable
> http://struts.apache.org/2.0.6/struts2-core/apidocs/com/opensymphony/xwork2/interceptor/ParametersInterceptor.html
> so setting ordered:The interceptor takes one parameter
> named 'ordered'. When set to true action properties
> are guaranteed to be set top-down which means that top
> action's properties are set first.

Top action? The "ordered" property doesn't have so much to do with "top
actions" as with making sure that nested properties are set in order, as
determined by the number of dots in the parameter name.

Not sure how that would be related to his ModelDriven issue, although it's hard
to say without seeing the JSP at the least.

Dave