I must add that the documentation is seemingly a mash-up of varying struts 2
versions (<2.1 vs >=2.1) and somewhat obtuse.  I think with marked
differences in implementation, the docs should be more clearly delineated.
 RTFM is fine when it exists, is complete and is accurate.  Imagine the
evolution of JavaDocs for the versions of the JDK appearing in shared files
with yellow boxes, red exclamation points and call outs warning against this
and that behavior depending on version!