I don't have anything configured in iReport for accessing data.

I'm not even sure you could, since it's a non-standard data source, i.e., since
 value stack data source is meaningless outside S2 there would be no way for
iReport to do anything about it.

IIRC I used iReport for some of the initial layout but ended up resorting to
editing the XML file (this was iReport 2.0.mumble, maybe iReport 3+ is better).

Dave