Chris Pratt wrote:
Strange?  I would have thought this was a fairly commonly needed feature

I've never needed to generate a URL from an action name within another action across a half-dozen S2 apps--it can't be *that* common... I think the most hackish thing I've done like that is to use an action name as a dynamic result parameter for a "redirectAction" result type.

IMO actions should "never" generate a URL since they're supposed to be decoupled from the underlying action access mechanism. What's your use case that this solves?

Dave