You don't write if the browser back button is supposed to be functional in your application (in many cases it is not, but YMMV).

If you want to disable the browser back button, use the code below in all your pages:

<script type="text/javascript">
history.forward();
</script>

I'm not aware of any feature in Struts2 that deals with the browser back button.

Robert

shekher awasthi wrote:
Hi All,

in the process of developing application using struts 2.0.11, i came across
the problem of handling browser back/forward button.

This problem is occurring when we will logout the user.On Clicking the
logout button we are currently removing the user from the session

and it worked fine for us. After the successful logout process user will be
redirected to the index page(which have the login field),

but when user hits the browser back button he is getting himself there in
the secure page even we have remove the user object from the session

below is the code we are using for removing the user

session.remove(BSConstant.USER);

i am clueless where we are doing wrong , as we think we are having two
points

1) Either the user is not getting removed from the session,but the chances
are very less as for all other call after logout it is forcing the user to
login first.

2) Back button handling is not there

my question is, Is there any way in struts2 to handle browser back/forward
button or do i need to use some other technique like

setting response header

any suggestion in this regard will be much appreciated.

-s