Thanks for the testcase. I am looking at it, and there is a very
similar case in showcase, but it seems fine.

http://localhost:8080/struts2-showcase/actionchaining/actionChain1!input

the output is:

Action Chain 1 Property 1: Property Set In Action Chain 1
Action Chain 2 Property 1: Property Set in Action Chain 2
Action Chain 3 Property 1: Property set in Action Chain 3

Do you see any difference from your testcase (which I haven't run yet)

musachy