Greetings --

I am SO DONE with mucking around in dependencies that I am about to scream!
Until recently, I thought "real developers" were in control of jars and the
classpath, but as another year passes me by, I'm starting to rethink this
whole deal.  I installed the Maven 2 plug-in for Eclipse this morning and
should begin by telling you that beyond appreciating the idea of Maven, I
don't understand it intimately well!  Create new Maven Project is prompting
me for bits and pieces I don't fully understand.  Moreover, I'm only
guessing that http://mvnrepository.com is the place I should specify to have
my dependencies resolved in building a Struts-2/Tiles-2/Spring-2 web
project.  I have been reading about the archetypes and this must be a fancy
name for "what kind of sandwich do you want."  Can someone please tell me
how to decode these prompts so I can get about the business of writing code?
I realize some of the inputs are my web-app name, but several others must be
version and contents values.

P.S. Cloning my last know Struts 2 sandwich and making the necessary build
path tweaks for a bump to 2.1.6 no longer passes the tummy test.

Peace,
Scott