Bhaarat Sharma wrote:
Struts 2 definitely is much more sane and enterprise level compared to
grails.  However, sometimes it is disappointing to know that in struts
out-of-the-box we cant even return a result type of a simple string that
does not go to a different page.  Say, I just want to stream out a string
and not go to a completly different page (this is helpfull for Ajax).  So I
end up making a whole new .jsp page that just has <s:property
value="something"/> in it ...

So write a new result type--depending on your needs you're looking at a dozen or two lines of Java.

After a half-dozen S2 apps, I haven't had the need to do that, and they've all been Ajax apps--but we might be writing different types of applications.

Dave