after we add validationWorkflowStack interceptor before the timer, then the
timer interceptor will show the result,

<interceptor-ref name="validationWorkflowStack"/>
  <interceptor-ref name="timer"/>

if we use the above in the action it is printing the timer value like below
[2009-06-16 18:03:41,218] INFO
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.TimerInterceptor  - Executed action
[//authentication!authentication] took 93 ms.

is this the configuration requirement of the interceptor in 2.1.6 ?

Thanks
Yanto